What’s New as VPR Looks Ahead

April 16, 2020

At the end of a semester marked by a contentious Democratic presidential primary and the rise of an unprecedented global pandemic, Vanderbilt Political Review looks boldly forward to providing a critical analysis of these and the many newsworthy events bound to happen in the future. 

As the spring semester comes to a close and we say goodbye to our senior correspondents and board members, we’re proud to announce the Vanderbilt Political Review Editorial Board for the 2020-2021 academic year.

Editor-in-Chief: Drew Perez ‘22

Deputy Editors-in-Chief: Eric Asen ‘21, Roshan Natarajan ‘21

Managing Director: Isabella Randle ‘22

Online Director: Skanda Gulibhi ‘22

Senior Editors: Jacob Hale ‘23, Donald Hall ‘22, Keshav Kundassery ‘21, Netra Rastogi ‘22, Sael Soni ‘21

Our newest editors bring a breadth of experience, perspective, and knowledge to the Board. Collectively, the Board has 35 semesters experience contributing and editing for VPR, and is concentrating in a diverse selection of majors across campus, from Arabic to Mathematics.

The new Editorial Board is looking forward to navigating political discourse at Vanderbilt during a vital election year. The 2020 presidential election will be the first of their lifetimes in which most students can vote, and an event that will in all likelihood be shaped by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

In the fall, readers of VPR can expect detailed coverage of national and international political events like the unfolding presidential campaign and the global response to COVID-19. Local readers can also look forward to investigative interviews with incoming Chancellor Daniel Diermeier, and critical analyses of the Tennessee Senate election and the Belmont University presidential debate.

Internally, VPR will restructure to expand the number of student contributors and coordinate with the university to continue its coverage of Chancellor’s Lecture Series speakers.

We encourage our readers to reach out to us at [email protected], or to Drew directly at [email protected]. VPR will be accepting new contributors at the beginning of the fall semester, and as always, reviews and publishes guest editorials upon submission.